Librarian(P3) – (2021/0120 (127779))
Organization: NEPIK-IAEA Library Unit
Primary Location: Austria-Vienna-Vienna-IAEA Headquarters
Job Posting: 2021-02-18, 5:02:33 PM
Closing Date: 2021-03-18, 11:59:00 PM
Duration in Months: 36
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Regular
Probation Period: 1 Year
The objective of the Department of Nuclear Energy (NE) is to foster the efficient and safe use of nuclear power by supporting interested Member States in: improving the performance of nuclear power plants, the nuclear fuel cycle, and the management of nuclear wastes; catalysing innovation in nuclear power and fuel cycle technologies; developing indigenous capabilities around the world for national energy planning; deploying new nuclear power plants; preserving and disseminating nuclear information and knowledge; and advancing science and industry through improved operation of research reactors.
The department has a dynamic, participative and interactive operating environment with inputs received from the Board of Governors, the General Conference, policy and decision-makers, and technical counterparts in Member States and the international development community.
The Division of Energy Planning and Nuclear Information and Knowledge comprises the Planning and Economic Studies Section, Nuclear Knowledge Management Section and the Nuclear Information Section. The Division is responsible for strengthening capacities in energy and nuclear power planning, building capacities to manage nuclear knowledge and provide knowledge management services to interested member states, and to procure and provide printed and electronic information in the area of nuclear science and technology.
The Nuclear Information Section (NIS) consists of the IAEA Library Unit, the INIS Unit and the Systems Development and Support Group. It foster the exchange of scientific and technical information on the peaceful use of nuclear science and technology; increases awareness in Member States of the importance of maintaining efficient and effective systems for managing such information; provides information services and support to Member States and to the IAEA; and assists with capacity building and training.
Under the supervision of the IAEA Library Coordinator, the Librarian maintains the life cycle of all electronic resources at the IAEA Library, ensuring seamless access to and discovery of electronic information. The incumbent collaborates with colleagues in NIS, MTPS and OLA to negotiate favourable licensing and pricing terms and further contributes to the development of workflows and procedures to improve efficiencies; and tracks and collects electronic resource usage statistics.
The Librarian is: (1) an experienced professional, providing guidance on electronic resource management (ERM), licensing, and access issues; (2) a reviewer, performing quality control to ensure that the electronic resources acquired are relevant, high-quality and current; (3) a trouble-shooter, making certain that electronic resource access is consistent and reliable; and (4) a collaborator, working with IAEA colleagues and vendors to provide optimal access to the electronic resources.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Responsibility for the day-to-day life cycle of the library’s electronic resources, including licensing (with MTPS and OLA), activation, discovery, maintenance and renewal.
- Coordinates activities with library colleagues, including the Collection Development Librarian, the Library Assistant (Finance) and Library Assistant (Procurement).
- Contributes to the development of workflows and procedures to improve efficiencies, in collaboration with the Library Coordinator.
- Collects, analyses, and reports usage statistics to help guide collection development and acquisitions decisions.
- Collaborates with consortial partner (UNSEIAC) to provide high-quality content for the best value.
- Investigates and troubleshoots electronic resources access issues and provides expert support to ensure ongoing usability and accessibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on the programmatic needs of the unit. […]
Zur vollständigen Stellenausschreibung: https://iaea.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2021/0120%20(127779)&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FVienna