Permanent employee, Part-time · Vienna
- Develop and manage collections of books (both print and electronic), as well as electronic databases
- Maintain the library homepage and parts of the research homepage
- Keep up to date with developments in the library sector and participate in professional groups or networks
- Handle user inquiries, which may involve one-on-one advice sessions
- Provide introductory sessions to research and information management
- Assist researchers with literature searches using databases and print resources
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with academic staff and students, as well as external bodies such as suppliers
- Provide first-level support with printers, copiers and workstations
- Promote and implement Open Access publications
- Maintain the research database (PURE) and assist faculty in documenting their research activities in the database
- Library training (ULG or similar)
- Relevant work experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills, proven ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German (ideally native speaker level) are a must
- IT affinity and excellent knowledge of MS office
- Valid work permit in Austria
Why join us?
- A challenging and varied job at a private university which is looking to further expand its programs, research activities, and student numbers.
- Independent working style with high personal responsibility
- An international and dynamic work environment
- A gross monthly salary of EUR 2,450 (for 40 hours) paid out 14 times per year with additional remuneration based on qualifications and experience.
Modul University Vienna is an international private university and offers cutting-edge education at BBA, BSc, MSc, MBA and PhD levels. Students and staff come from over 70 countries around the world, providing for a multicultural and diverse work environment.As an employer, Modul University Vienna offers:
- Opportunities to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- International and dynamic team
- Personal and professional development
- Independent working environment
- Public transport ticket
Modul University Vienna is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to equality and diversity that does not discriminate on the basis of, among other factors, age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender expression, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or social class. We especially encourage women and people who belong minority groups to apply and welcome all applications that can contribute to a diverse working culture.